The Ideal candidate will have good interpersonal skills and be proficient using computers. The role is varied, and includes working on the reception desk, assisting visitors, booking in events, help with installing exhibitions, and assistance with marketing and PR.
Requirement: Candidates must be in receipt of full-time social welfare payment for the past 12 months. This includes those on the Turas Nua pathway.
Title: Part-time Gallery Assistant (Community Employment Scheme)
Hours: Variable. 19.5 hours per week.
Location: Ennistymon, Co Clare
Start Date: End of November 2018
Duration: 1 year + depending on CE eligibility
Application Deadline: 5th November
Main Duties & Responsibilities.
- Good computer skills. Familiarity with Word for Windows and Excel desirable
- An interest and knowledge of art would be an advantage
- Assisting with the installation of exhibitions
- Gallery invigilation
- Dealing with the general public to answer queries
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Initiative and willingness to learn